Friday, January 27, 2006

Someone back home is saying, "Why don't he write?"

I have been reading so much stuff lately (currently four books at a time) just to learn what it is that is the splinter in my mind. I am literally unlearning as fast as I am learning if that is even possible. I want to share with you that there is so much more out there than I first perceived. I have been falling down the rabbit hole for about a year now, and there is still no ground in sight. I wish that I could tell you that this has been an easy journey, but it has been anything but. I have faced many crossroads and have come to many dead ends, but there are good days. There are the days when I seem to be getting a hold of what is in my brain, and there is alot there to grasp. Not because I have a huge intellect, but I am feeding it alot of information. Once put into my brain consciously,sub-consciously things sort of roll around up there and the things that are produced are sometimes a shock to me. The questions go from being answered, to unanswered again, to....what was the question again? While this may be confusing and down right asinine to most, this is where I find the most comfort. The questions don't bother me near as much as the logical answers do. There was a time in my life when I thought I had a pretty good grip on spiritual matters, heavenly things, but alas I have no clue. If you are there now, let me leave you with a bit of advise. When traveling down the rabbit hole, don't try to see the end. Don't try to grasp the sides to slow the fall. Try to rest in the faith that you are right where God would have you to be. The controls are not in your hands any longer. The law of gravity is pulling you toward a profound foundation that will be unshakable. Trust in the Unseen One, He has made you indestructible until He is finished with you here and takes you to Himself.

SIM Church planter

2 comments:

mike said...

what a relief to learn i'm not the only "nut" who reads four or five books at a time...i'm really enjoying your posts, and nodding my head and saying "yep" constantly...you're a good writer...keep it up! hope to meet ya'll soon...

mike
sling n' stone

Timothy said...

I know the feeling... The funny thing is for me not knowing the certainty of answer hasn't practically impacted my life in any way or made me less faithful to God. In fact I dare say my new founded ignorant intellectualism has worked wonders.