Friday, July 27, 2007




An AMC Channel original drama, Mad Men, is growing on me. I watched out of curiousity based on it being produced by the same producers as The Sopranos and it being about advertising, of which is my profession, loosely speaking.
So far, I really like it. It is based on ad men in New York in the 60's. The characters are played very well and very believable. I like the way the era of time has been portrayed. Lots of cigarette smoking, early drinking of cocktails, cheating on wives, kids not wearing seat bealts, TV dinners. A really fascinating look into a quickly fading era of time. There has only been two episodes, but they have been really great. I am looking forward to Thursday nights again (I used to really enjoy NBC's Must See TV, Wings, Seinfeld, ER). If you haven't seen the episodes and don't want to pay for them on iTunes, you can read the synopsis on AMC's site. Main character Don Draper says, "What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons", and I am persuaded that he is right based on what I have seen.

No comments: