Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Crucible

I just watched the movie, The Crucible, starring Daniel Day-Lewis and Winona Ryder. To be honest, I didn't know anything about the movie, or couldn't remember, but I didn't need any prior "setting up". After watching the movie, I can safely say that this was a great movie. A movie is great in my opinion when it not only gets me thinking but effects me physically. I can say that during the movie and even now, I feel anger towards the girls, led by Ryder's character, that caused the death of innocent people deemed practitioners of witchcraft. Really sad display of religious fervor. This would make a great discussion starter I think. This movie has made my favorites list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen in it several times, but it pains me to get through certain scenes because of the physical reaction you mentioned. I cannot stand meanness. But it is a good movie. She is much more meek as a bot in Alien Resurrection which I just saw again yesterday. The scene of her tucking her creamy guts back in is rather sticky.