Thursday, January 11, 2007

Motivation Part 2






As if in response to yesterday's post, I went to the library to kill some time and found a book by Mother Teresa called In The Heart of The World. I had to fight back several emotions. Tears mostly. I guess when you are faced with the character of Mother Teresa, there is little to smile about when you contemplate your character in comparison. Without a doubt, I would loved to have met this great women. I am pretty certain that she could help me understand motivation. I would definitely ask her what motivates her to be so loving, compassionate, just, pure, good. I know that she was not perfect in all things, but she was certainly closer than I have ever been or ever may be. I would encourage you to read this very short book if for nothing else but to be reminded about a great women of history of which few will ever equal. I will close for today with a quote from the chapter titled "On Sacrifice". She said, "Love, to be real, must cost--it must hurt--it must empty us of self." I guess that is as good a starting point as any when contemplating motivation. Thank you Mother Teresa.

No comments: