Monday, July 10, 2006

M.O.C.

I haven't gotten back to the previously discussed matter of Michael and his boyfriend. I have been again visiting this hot button of today's Christianity, and again I am at a crossroads. I am not a advocate of same sex relationships. I don't see a time when I will participate in a rally for homosexuals. With that being said, I do see people with same sex partners as human beings with just as many rights as you and I have. They are not the same as some of us may be when it comes to likes and dislikes of spouses, intimate "friends", etc., but does that make them wrong? The biggest problem for me is that most people who call themselves Christians don't represent Christ at all when it comes to homosexuals or on a broader stroke, people different from themselves. Why is it that I, as a male, don't find other males attractive in a "sexual" sense? Is it because I am wired the "right" way and those others are wired "wrong"? If that is the question, why is God wiring people wrong? Is it that they are just rebellious towards God? Aren't we all? (I told you I am at a crossroads). As I said earlier, my biggest problem is with Christian heterosexuals who, in the name of Jesus, belittle and vilify homosexuals. I believe it was Jesus who said that people who had not found life in Him would recognize those that had by their...what is it again?....oh, yeah, LOVE.

No comments: