Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reading Update

Well as promised, I would like to finish my reading responses mentioned in the previous post.

The Secret Message of Jesus is a big let down for me. Maybe it is because of the place I am on my journey. A year or two ago, probably two, I would have enjoyed this a little more. For someone that is just starting on a "Great Awakening" journey, this will probably be more enlightening. I think that the premise of the book is OK, nothing really shocking or cutting edge for me.

As for the "Spiral Staircase", excellent book. A little long in some areas, but over all good memoir of a ex-nun. I continue to think that this is a book that you really feel like you know the author. Well written. Very conversational in feel. I will try to get other books of hers to read.

I have a couple of books on hold at the library. Richard Bach's, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah and Will Campbell's Convention. I will let you know how these read.

No comments: